Dreams Soar, Inc. (DSI) does not own your data. We do not sell it. We do not use it for advertising. We do not use it in marketing materials unless you’ve given us express permission to do so.
Dreams Soar, Inc. (DSI) only collects first name, last name and email address (subscriber information) for the sole purpose of an opt-in newsletter for those interested in hearing updates about our mission.
Dreams Soar, Inc. (DSI) does not require any newsletter subscribers to create online accounts, nor does it require any newsletter subscribers to provide personal information beyond what it takes to send out a status-based newsletter, which is an opt-in activity we verify periodically. We do not share or sell subscriber information to any third parties, including social media sites. If you wish to opt-out of your subscription at any time, you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no direct monetary transactions on our site, dreamssoar.org; donations go directly to our donor vendor “Network for Good”. You can find their legal disclosures here: https://www.networkforgood.com/legal-disclosures
Collecting Personal Information
We may collect Personal Data about you from a number of sources, including the following:
- From you when you contact us with an enquiry or in response to a communication from us, in which case, this may tell us something about how you use our services.
- From you when you provide your information (first name, last name, email) at-will for the sole purpose of receiving our newsletters.
- For minors under the age of 16, we ask that your parent or guardian subscribe to our email newsletter.
- For EU citizens, our policies comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), agreed upon by the European Parliament and Council in April 2016. If you are a EU citizen 16 years old or younger, your parent or guardian MUST subscribe in your place to our newsletters. For EU citizens ages 16-18, your parent or guardian must supervise your newsletter subscription. We maintain that it is the parent or guardian’s responsibility to monitor their child’s web activity.
Using Your Personal Information
We do not share or sell subscriber information to any third parties, including social media sites.
Your Personal Data about our customers is an important part of our business and we shall only use your Personal Data for the following purposes and shall not keep such Personal Data longer than is necessary to fulfill these purposes:
- To help us to identify you when you contact us.
- To help us to administer and to contact you about improved administration of any accounts, services and products we have provided before, do provide now or will or may provide in the future.
- To allow us to carry out internal marketing analysis and customer profiling, conduct research, including creating statistical and testing information to make our website and newsletter meaningful to our readers.
- To help to prevent and detect fraud or loss.
We store names and emails on password protected servers and computers. Only our administrators have access to this information. We use WordPress best practices for security. View here: https://codex.wordpress.org/Hardening_WordPress
Protecting Your Information
We have strict security measures to protect Personal Data.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information.
- Letting you navigate between pages efficiently
- Enabling a service to recognize your computer so you don’t have to give the same information during one task
- Measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and that there is enough capacity to ensure they are fast
- To learn more about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org
- The Website may include links to other websites as resources. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer Personal Data to these advertisers or third-party websites.
- We exclude all liability for loss that you may incur when using these third party websites.
- If you would like access to the Personal Data that we hold about you, you can do this by emailing us at email@example.com.
- We aim to keep the Personal Data we hold about you accurate and up to date. If you tell us that we are holding any inaccurate Personal Data about you, we will delete it or correct it promptly. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to update your Personal Data.